At HBSA we recognize that privacy is important. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by HBSA Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, HBSA’s “services”). In addition, where more detailed information is needed to explain our privacy practices, we post separate privacy notices to describe how particular services process personal information.
HBSA adheres to the US safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us.
Information we collect and how we use it:
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for an HBSA Account or other HBSA service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to HBSA, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites – We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to HBSA in order to deliver the service. We process such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Links – HBSA may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our content and technology. For more information about links and redirected URLs, please contact us.
- Providing our products and services to users, including marketing education and training, seminars, and written content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
You can find more information about how we process personal information by referring to the privacy notices for particular services.
HBSA processes personal information on our servers in the United States of America and in other countries.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case HBSA may not be able to provide those services to you.
HBSA only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of HBSA in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of HBSA, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to HBSA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
HBSA processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use HBSA services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our services have different procedures to access, correct or delete users’ personal information. We provide the details for these procedures in the specific privacy notices or FAQs for these services.
HBSA regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or HBSA’s treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy Matters, c/o HBSA Inc., 300 W Van Buren, Centerville, IA 52544, USA. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is HBSA’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between HBSA and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us.